Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thoughts on 30...



In just a few days, I will be leaving behind my youth- forever! While that may sound overly dramatic, that is exactly how I feel about turning 30. The other day while doing some very deep thinking on this subject, I made some decisions.  One of them being that I am going to make time to do things that I have been wanting to do. I always have projects floating around in my little mind, but I rarely get to them because I am too busy. However, I decided if I want to make bows for my little girls, instead of complaining about my lack of time to do it, I will find the time, even if it is at 5:00 in the morning.

bow making


I also realized during my introspection, that I enjoy writing. For some reason though, I have never done very well at keeping a journal or diary. Yet, many times I have been tempted to write a blog post. After my last blog post sometime last year, I felt kind of dumb that I had started a blog at all. After all, who would want to read what I write? But in my turning 30 self evaluation, I decided, "Who cares?". If I want to write a blog post about turning thirty, then by george, I will. Maybe one day my children will find it and be interested in reading it.

I remember my mom telling me once about a lady, who always brought a cake to work on her birthday. She chose to celebrate being given another year of life, instead of bemoaning the fact that she was getting older. As a young teenager, I remember liking her outlook, but as a thirty year old twenty-nine year old (well, I still am for a few more days) I appreciate it so much more. So, I have decided to embrace my thirties, and on my birthday, I am going to enjoy every bit of turning thirty. While I may be just a few short years away from tons of wrinkles and gray hair, I will still get to eat cake and get presents. I would even bet that my husband will get me a slurpee, and really what could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment