Tuesday, February 22, 2011

They call me mama

"MAMA, I need to go potty!" "MAMA, I'm so hungry!" "MAMA, do we have church today?" Admittedly, I am not a morning person, and even worse when I am not awake by my own choosing. Yet, this Saturday, much earlier than I would have chosen to be awake, I was forced into consciousness, so that I could reply, "Well, then go ahead and go.I'll be right there to get your breakfast, and no, church is tomorrow, not today." I was recently thinking that I have now been on both sides of the equation, I have been the"Why can't those parents control their kids?" type of critical young adult, and I have also been the "Quit staring at me" embarrassed parent. But I digress, there are few things more wonderful than cuddling with your 5 year old, or bursting with pride, as you watch your 6 year old sing in the Christmas play or pass his belt testing in Tae Kwon Do, or getting a big fat kiss from your little munchkin of a 2 year old. Truth be told, I wouldn't trade my life with chaotic wake up calls to a life without the kids that come with them. I am blessed indeed that they call me mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment